Monday 30 January 2012

Fun Videos for Filmmakers

It's Monday... so here's a fun distraction!


Alright, alright so we've all heard of this "Sh*t [insert name here] Says" thing that's going around the internet, right? (If you haven't... where have you been?As a short blog post today, I present to you my two favourites so far. 


First up, we have "Sh*t You Never Hear On Set", which is absolutely hilarious for anyone who has ever worked on a film set. Even if you haven't been on set before, you'll probably still find this entertaining, and a fun look at how things work (or don't work) on a working film set. 


Isn't it great? :)


Next we have "Sh*t VFX Artists Say". This is for anyone who has ever spent endless hours on computers working on VFX shots, or ever wondered what it was like to do so... I learned the joy of this last semester, when I spent many, many hours with AfterEffects layering and rotoscoping and doing all kinds of simple VFX work for my film, which starred a ghost. The experience taught me great respect for the VFX artists who do this full time... it's a lot of work!




Alright then that's all for now! I hope these videos helped lighten your Monday.


PS - Have you heard of the documentary that Matt Tingey (the director of the first video) has been working on? It's called "My Other Me: A Film About Cosplayers" - check out the trailer on Youtube: http://youtu.be/dF64evU0AZI

0 comments:

Post a Comment